Friday, December 11, 2009

Wrapping gifts

Tonight the kids and I wrapped gifts for siblings. Paul kept putting things on his tags like To: Maryn the tolerably cute little sister From: Paul the hottest guy alive. Or "To; Ashlyn the cutest Angel ever From: P-Will (his nickname at school)". Sheesh. And then Conner brought in one of his he "accidentally" ripped, which I fixed, and he said, "Darn, I thought you'd say 'go ahead and just open it'." Double Sheesh. He reminds me of his dad at times like that.

Every year I take them to the dollar store, and let them get two gifts per sib. It was an interesting experience last night. We went to Bob Evans, and then went Christmas shopping, The two younger ones had to have it explained to them that they bought for others not themselves. But it turned out okay, and I enjoyed a few moments of one on one with my kids to talk and wrap. Paul, even at 14, has a severe wrapping deficiency. I assumed he knew how to wrap. Wrong-O. He knows how to bunch wrapping paper around an object and say "That'll do."

1 comment:

  1. good idea about getting presents for siblings.. i may have to adopt that one, someday. Paul cracks me up, he is definitly a 14 yr old boy..:) conner is a smart one, good try though.. man I can't believe that it is almost time for christmas.. Love you guys..

    ReplyDelete