Monday, June 16, 2014

Timeline: February,March and April

So February and March passed without anything terribly significant. Okay, a few things. But I already blogged about them. I had my car towed in Provo and had to deal with the subsequent consequences that led to thousands of dollars of damage to my van. And in March I started the month with a surprise gall bladder removal and subsequent recovery. I spent a lot to time feeling very tired, watching "Call the Midwife" and eating tapioca pudding.

One kind of cool thing I got to experience at the end of February. My friend Josy Montie was in a play about the first black Mormon pioneer. She was amazing. And the night I went with her brother, President Uchtdorf was also there. He was sitting just a few rows behind us, but I didn't get the chance to meet him.

April was when things got a little crazy.

The first full week of April was Spring Break. I had used all of my vacation time with the surgery. So the kids were left to their own devices. I really wanted them to have a good week, so I arranged for them to go on different adventures every day of that week. I think it turned out well. Maryn actually got the opportunity last minute to go with Lisa, Sage and Brecken to Las Vegas. She had an amazing time! And it was a week that led up to her 14th birthday, so even better.







Monday... Bryant came and got them and took them up AF canyon a bit to make hobo dinners in a fire. They went on a little hike, then came back down and stopped at Cabela's before heading out to the west side of Utah Lake to go off roading in the Jeep. I called on my way back from work so I knew where to meet them for supper... to find out Bryant was being ticketed for trespassing. That was awesome.

Tuesday... Paul took Conner and Ashlyn, plus neighbor boys Parley and Ethan to Nickel City and swimming at the Lehi Pool.

Wednesday... This day was spent with Grandma Downs. They went down to BYU. They toured the art museum, saw where my grandparents used to teach, had lunch in the Cougar Eat and dessert at the Creamery. They really enjoyed themselves.

Thursday... Conner and Ashlyn went with Grandma Thacker up to Heber to see graves and homes that were occupied by our ancestors. She had them first fill out a pedigree chart and then they went on a hunt. It was amazing. That night we all went together to Noodles and Company for dinner and then to Color Me Mine to paint ceramics. It was a blast.




No comments:

Post a Comment