Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Bites

My oldest son wrote me a sonnet.

Oh, Mother, Oh

Paul Willis

Oh, mother, oh

How I love you from head to toe

Ever since you were little

I would never change you, okay, maybe a little

You have always cared for me

You fed me and hugged me and more

Good thing you didn’t name me Lee

But you are something that can’t be bought at a store

Yes, you stress me out

OR make me want to pull my hair

But there is no doubt

Of how I care

Oh, Mother, Oh

How I love you from head to toe

At church, my kids filled out little pieces of paper about their mom. Here are the responses from my kids:

Maryn

My mom is… talented

She has… my eyes

Favorite Food… tomatoes and cottage cheese

Favorite Color… green

Her hobby… playing piano

Her Best Friend… Sharon Bertke

I love my Mom Because… She’s awesome

I love to hear my mom… sing

Conner

My mom is… Nice

She has… blue eyes

Favorite Food… strawberries

Favorite Color… purple

Her hobby… piano

Her Best Friend… Melanie

I love my Mom Because… Cook

I love to hear my mom… Sing

Ashlyn (she was evidently slightly coached my sister)

My mom is… Loving

She has… Make-up

Favorite Food… Salad

Favorite Color… Green

Her hobby… Cook J

Her Best Friend… Melody

I love my Mom Because… we snuggle

I love to hear my mom… say “I Love You” cause I really love my mom

I must be doing something right J Heaven knows what.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun Mother's day! You are an awesome mother, Chiara. Keep it up! I love the sonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome.. YOu are a great mom!! I too love to hear you sing and play the piano.. oh and you are a great cook!!! I love the sonnet and the one about mom's we sure do have a good one.. thanks for letting me be a part of this wonderful family... I love you

    ReplyDelete