Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Scenic Drive...Nebo Loop


One Saturday we decided to get out of the house and have some quality bonding time. I chose Nebo loop. You can jump on it in Spanish Fork and its dumps out in Nephi. It’s a pretty amazing little drive.

Crossing a creek at the first little "Adventure Pull Out Spot". That's what I called them. My kids called "Why are you making us get out the car again" stops.

What kind of cracks me up about this, is that at this point the water/rock combination made them all nervous. I laugh when a think a few weeks later at Battle Creek Falls, they were skipping around those rocks like it was nothing. I guess it just takes practice.
There are also cows wandering around aimlessly, which my kids thought was weird. At our first random pull out, there was a skeleton at the bottom of a hill. Pretty sure it was one of those aimlessly wondering cows.

We stopped at all of the little pull offs and snapped pictures of the scenery. 



You can go by the highest point on the Wasatch mountain range, Mount Nebo. I pointed out the timberline and we talked about what that meant. I also pointed out a column of smoke coming off the mountainside at what seemed like a random spot. As we got back in the car, 4 trucks labeled “Utah County Fire” pulled up and some men got out with their binoculars and started staring at the column of smoke. I think everyone’s a little paranoid since half the state has been on fire because of the dry conditions.




My favorite part of this little trip was singing in the car and jamming to some old school tunes as we drove home. It was Earth, Wind and Fire Saturday Night Fever baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment