Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My kids said we did nothing this summer... Part 1

So this is the first of series of blogs detailing how we didn't do anything over the summer. The first thing we didn't do was go to Ohio. Maryn and I headed east for our dear Erica's wedding. I had promised her when she got engaged that I would sing at her wedding. So I kept the promise. And the timing was close enough to the end of the school year that we decided she could just stay in Ohio for a bit and head back with my parents when they headed east. Everyone else stayed and finished the school year. Ah. The benefits of having an adult child at home. We flew into Dayton and my wonderful sister picked us up. We loved being with her and her family. Except for the part where Celia fell and hit her face on a chair and we got to go to the hospital. That part wasn't as much fun as one would think.

But... the wedding!

St. Sebastian during the wedding. Its such a beautiful church!

Erica and Maryn

 Maryn, Erica and Tony

One of my former students Jamie was the organist. And Melanie and I were the singers. I always love singing with my sister.


 And in between the ceremony and the reception, we had the chance to connect with another of my former students, Katie Schulze. It was very lovely!

So after the wedding I spent a few days in Perrysburg and got to connect with a few other friends. I had dinner with my good friend Paul Valdez at an awesome Mexican restaurant. And lunch at the museum with my good friend Anita. I love the art museum. And spending that time with Anita was also wonderful. Here are a few pics from the museum.


Also enjoyable, time with my parents. And Sunday at our old ward. Loved it.










No comments:

Post a Comment