Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My kids said we did nothing this summer...Part 2

So the second thing we didn't do was take Paul to the airport to spend the summer with his dad. And then shortly after that we didn't get ready for some vacation time. Apart. But vacation time nonetheless.

Since I was headed to Portland for a conference, I thought the 2 little ones would love some time somewhere new and fun. So I asked my wonderful Auntie Angela if they could pay her a visit in Grand Junction Colorado. She said yes! The trick was getting them there first.

So the Saturday before I was supposed to leave, I talked my nice friend Erin into accompanying me on the 8 hour round trip to my aunt's. And decided to add something fun... a drive through the Colorado National Monument!

The road that goes through the park is 2 lanes and right up against the edge. Conner was freaking out. He never even got out of the car. But the rest of us were fine with it. And were able to have some little adventures.

Erin on the Edge

Monument Canyon


Coke Ovens


This was just a cool tree. We liked it.

Something else cool. I'm sure there's some awesome geological something or other...but I don't care too much about that.

On the way back Erin and I stopped in Price for Taco Bell and Cold Stone. Apparently that's where everyone in Price goes on a Saturday night.

Here are some pictures Angela sent me of some of their adventures.
Angela and Ashlyn.

Ashlyn said her face looks like this because of the sun. 
I guess I'll take her word for it.

Ashlyn was a little more brave than Conner. As usual. She was willing to climb a little and be adventurous.


See? They're getting along :)

Conner...about as adventurous as it gets.

They also spent some significant time at Angela's rec center pool. And loved it.





So you can see how much they didn't do. Nothing. Nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment