Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Things my kids say...

On route to St. George, I suggested we sing, commenting how when I was young that's what we did to pass the time in the car. Maryn quickly retorts; "Yes mom. But that was before electronics. Now we have no reason to suffer."


Conner came in to where I was sleeping and proclaimed: "Quick! We need to have our last cuddle!" I asked him why it would be the last. "Because I'll be 12 today and too big to cuddle." I pointed out that's not true. Paul STILL tries to cuddle. "Yeah. But it's not very cute." 


Ashlyn: I want money. How come Maryn has money?

Me: Maryn earned her money. You can earn money. 
Ashlyn: But she's older! I want money to spend!
Me: I put money up for chores all the time. 
Ashlyn: Well, I don't want to do WORK for money.

Me: I'll be back in a minute. I have to go to Walgreen's and get Conner's meds.
Conner: Pick yourself up a candy bar while you're there. You deserve it.



Giving Conner a super short haircut. Which he dislikes. He yells at me as he's running down the hall "You can't shave me if I'm fat!!!" I... uh...



Ashlyn: Can I play with the 2 foam mattresses?
Me: Sure. What are you going to play?
Ashlyn: Sandwiches. 
Me: Ummmm... Okayyyy.



Maryn:"We're supposed to bring long pants unless we go horsing." Uh... I believe it's called riding.


Maryn looks at a box of fruit snacks and asks "What are Ass or Ted fruit snack?" I paused, confused, and then it dawned on me. "Do you mean assorted?" "Oh yes. That makes more sense."


My kids called as we were wrapping up visits to church history sites. 
Conner: Where are you?
Me: Adam-Ondi-Ahman
Conner: You're at Monday Almonds?
Me: No. Adam-Ondi-Ahman
Conner: Oh. Is there a gift shop?
Me: No. Just trees.
Conner: Well if there's treats you should definitely bring us some. 


Maryn: "You know I'm your favorite. Unless... its like in those animal shows. Where the group just makes you think they like you, Then they take you to the edge of a cliff and push you off. Or I'll be like Sid, in Ice Age. I'll just wake up one morning in a tree and wonder where everyone went." 


I wonder if my kids are aware of the fact that I can see all of their selfies on my photo stream...


No comments:

Post a Comment