Saturday, October 3, 2015

Almost a year

I realized that it has been quite nearly a year since I have blogged.  I have no excuses; except that my life is crazy. my time is never mine, and I am exhausted most of the time. I think I saw the blog as something I should do, but never got around to. And I'm not sure why. Maybe I thought no one wanted to hear what I had to say.

But as I browsed around this morning, looking for a specific post to share with a friend, I realized I had missed the process of blogging. I had taken up blogging for reasons that had nothing to do with other people. I wanted a place to vent; to organize my thoughts and give them meaning. And if my journey helped any one else's journey, all the better.

I also saw all of the activities and moments I had managed to capture in the years previous to my hiatus, and I realized there was another reason I blogged: to remember. There are so many moments I feel sure I will never forget. But I do. I will need this blog one day when these moments with my children are distant memories.

But I also know I won't be able to catch up. So here are some highlights. And a reminder that I am truly, truly blessed in so many ways.

Halloween 2014- One of the last pictures with grandpa

Christmas Crazy 2014

Christmas Eve 2014  at Lisa's. We read and acted out the Christmas Story, and there was lots of music

Mommy's angels

Bryant and I pick up Melanie at the airport for his wedding weekend (January 2015)

Families ARE Forever, and forever a little nuts. Bryant finally got married! (January 2015)

Grandpa Downs passed on Valentines Day. Here is a picture of all of the cousins, from oldest to youngest (February 2015)

Spring Break trip to Twin Falls, with the Ericksons (April 2015)

I turn 40! And my sister surprises me for my birthday (April 2015)

Up into the mountains one Saturday, and taking the chair lift all the way up. And fighting in the beautiful scenery (June 2015)

Emily gets married at the Draper temple (July 2015)

Mel and her family pay a visit. And we go see Cascade Springs (July 2015)

Grand Tetons and Yellowstone with Rob and Tamra and family (July 2015)

Family time on the Heber Creeper (September 2015)

Art City Heritage Days (September 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment