Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Musical Instrument Museum

Whilst on time out in Phoenix with Marcus and Jeff, Marcus took me to the Musical Instrument Museum. 
You are given a little pack and a headset that syncs with whichever TV you are closest to. The origins and histories and examples were grouped by continent then by country. 

I loved hearing how culture and people and music intertwined. And how it becomes part of who they are and how they contribute to it. 

  • Some of my favorites were playing the gong and seeing a video on how gongs were made. 
  • There was a Nickelodeon that was pretty cool to hear and see. 
  • I played Fur Elise on the Steinway.
  • I bought musical instrument ornaments for everyone.

All the brass

Tiny glass orchestra

All the violins
  • A double bass bigger than Marcus.

    A guitar that was played with the band Maroon 5 (insert fangirl squeal)

    Bronze drums from 1000's of year ago


The carving detail of the wooden frame holding the gong I hit


A Steinway in pieces





No comments:

Post a Comment