Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Granville Millinery


So, a week ago I went over to Columbus area to visit with a milliner (hat maker) for an article I was writing. It was so interesting! To check out the entire article...click here.
The Milliner's name is Amy Hamilton, and this her hands making a hand painted silk flower.

Here's her work area with all of the pieces she needs to finish this hat.

These are some of the forms she uses for shaping. Most of them are vintage.

Here's a little corner of her studio with the forms in it.
I love my JOB!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm pretty sure I posted a comment here about a million years ago about how much I LOVE hats. But now I'm here to post a comment about how LOOOOONG it's been since you've updated your blog. Not that I keep checking or anything . . . .

    ReplyDelete