Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Part 2: Sing...Sing a Song...

Sunday the 20th, we had our program at church. I always enjoy this. Mel and I sang with another brother from church, O Holy Night, which went well despite the fact Mel was battling a cold and couldn’t hit the high note. The primary children also sang “Little One” quite beautifully. I had a moment during that. All of my children (expect for Paul) were up there. I watched their shining faces, and I watched other parents in the congregation smile warmly and grab each other’s hands. I suddenly was overwhelmed with sadness that I could not do the same, and I started to cry. I knew their dad was watching, and he was also well pleased with his children. I was sad we could not share it together.

Monday, the 21st, was the annual elementary program. Now typically, I view this as a night of slow torture, but decided to go with a different attitude this year. Maryn was so meticulous in getting ready. She wanted to look beautiful. I think she did. But there was a moment when she missed her ad terribly. She could recall twirling for him, and waiting for him to tell her how pretty she was. She missed that.
Paul was already gone, so I dropped the other two off in their classrooms to wait and Lyni and I went to sit and watch. The younger grades, 1st and 2nd, just sing a few songs. The older two grades, 3rd and 4th, do a little play. It was fun to watch, especially since the principal got covered in confetti “water” as part of the 4th grade play and the student body present cracked up hysterically. It was a lovely evening.

I am particlaury fond of the first picture, where Conner is discreetly "picking his seat".



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment