Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Six and up my foot...

Santa brought Conner a K'nex set for Christmas. It sets up as a Mario Kart Wii style race track. The box labels the toy as appropriate for 6 and up.


What six year old can put that together I ask you?!?!
My brother commented that perhaps the age indication was an enjoyment age, not an assembly age. :)

It took ME more then four hours with assistance. I need words, not pictures with arrows to tell me what to do. Would a few "Put the red stick thing-a-ma-bob in the the red spiky thingamajigs and attach that to another orange rectangle doohickey..." be too much to ask?

They had a ton of fun with it until we ran out of batteries.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe I just love to assemble things (okay, that's totally true), but I thought the picture instructions were strikingly clear. Ever tried to put together something from Ikea? THAT'S way more frustrating than any K'Nex set I've done.

    (Also, I love to put stuff together. My dad said, "Tamra, I'm glad you finally got a gift for yourself.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah! Remember the "oop-di-poop's", too, and then the sigh, "Thank heaven that batteries *do* run out!" ;)
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete