Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spring Recital 2009


So once a year I have a big recital. Last Saturday was the day. I had 39 students perform. 5 of those were seniors, and nearly half are students of student teachers that “intern” for me. That has really worked well. It allows me to have more students learning, and then I keep the oldest and most advanced ones for myself.

The recital ws held in our church. Because its a smaller building, the rostrum and pulpit come down and create a stage type area, which is what we did this time.

This first picture is of Maryn playing her song "Lemonade Stand". She took from one of older students Stephanie Mescher.

Right before we finished up, the five seniors got up and said they were going to play a piece together that would showcase everything they had learned over the years. Yeah, they got up and played a one handed round of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", with the music written out, and very badly. I commented after that if that was all they had learned than their parents had wasted a ton of money. From left is Ashley (11 years of piano), TJ (also 11 years), Cassie (7 years), Kensey (8 years) and Stacy (7 years).


Here they are again: Front (L to R) Cassie, me, Stacy and Back (L to R) Kensey, Ashley, TJ
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment