Monday, June 22, 2009

This is the way WE mop the floor!

Okay, so I have a very interesting way of washing the floor. I kind of discovered it by accident one day when the dishwasher overflowed and I came into my kitchen to find a small lake occupying the entire east end of the floor. I got some towels and kind of pushed the water into a corner then sopped it up. The floor looked fantastic! So I have since made a practice of “mopping” my floor in the same manner each time. It is much easier on my back.
One rainy day, my kids had a severe case of cabin fever, and I was mopping the floor. It occurred to me that I since I had just poured several gallons of soapy water on the floor, I could kill two birds with one stone…I let them put on their suits and slip and slide around in the sudsy water. They both got squeaky clean!
It has become a tradition ever since, and I hardly ever hear my kids complain about mopping the floor!
This particular incident was last week. Ashlyn is wearing one of Maryn’s suits because she “couldn’t find any of hers” (She has 3). It was in the laundry room in plain sight, just for the record.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea!
    I always forget how adorable your kids are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a super over-achiever mom--I need to be more like you!

    ReplyDelete