Thursday, November 1, 2018

Southern Weekend - Zion Canyon - Weeping Rock and More

After the River Walk, we went back to the lodge and grabbed some lunch together. We browsed around the shop and bought our ornament and cards. Then Jeff took Conner, Ashlyn and Holly on a short hike to Emerald Pools while I laid on the grass in the sun. 
I felt rejuvenated. 
All I focused on was the warmth of the sun and the soft wind. I could hear the people talking, but I could force those into the background and hear other sounds. My eyes were closed and it was perfect. 

We also enjoyed a quick steep hike to Weeping Rock. Then we headed out on the old scenic freeway through the tunnel to see the Checkerboard Mesa and enjoy the subtle beauty of Dixie National Forest as we made our way back to Cedar City for dinner at a diner. 
Weeping Rock





This is another of my favorite pictures. My family is weird. 

Checkerboard Mesa

This is the tree that provided a bit of shade for me while I rested on the lawn outside hte lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment