Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The First Day of School

The first day of the rest of my life begins today…and it’s the day I’ve been waiting for.
All of my kids are in school!
14 long years. It has finally happened. It has been a mix of emotions really. I was excited, then sad. Then I was excited again.
For about 25 seconds this morning, I was sad again. I watched my baby walk down the driveway. She was so excited, she didn’t even demand the usual 10 kisses and hugs at parting. She was more worried about getting to the bus.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed my day. I got more done in the 3 hours after they left then I did all summer it seems. My house is clean. My work seems manageable. All is well.

Here is a picture of my four scholars in their first day clothes in front of the school sign. Paul, for those who want to know, is 5 foot 10 and weighs 198.

More about his football career tomorrow when we go to his first game!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Cute pic. I bet it was a nice quite day for you.. It's so cute how excited Ashlyn was for school.Hope Paul does well at his ball game..

    ReplyDelete