Thursday, August 27, 2009

Football game

So Paul had his first football game tonight. Okay, it was a scrimmage with Fort Recovery. Clayton came over after work and we went over tp the field right after supper. Paul was happy he (meaning Clayton) was there. Maryn, Conner and Ashlyn also went ,as well as Alexa. Mel, Claira and James stopped by later when they came to get Lex.

So he played quite a bit. A lot of D. Some offense.

Here is his first big move; A little water bottle action on the sidelines.

I like it because he looks so manly...I can't believe how grown up he is!

Keep in mind he's # 71. So here he is getting mixed up a little with some guy in purple. He's the one with his gray shirt hanging out. He knocked this guy down a few times. Who then got tired of being pushed over and knocked Paul over once. To which Paul got mad and knocked him down again. I told him in football...mad is a good emotion. I also have picture of him on the ground which he asked me not to include.

And here's the snap!


He asked if this one could be his football card picture :)


I was so proud of him! He played hard and fairly well. He made some mistakes, but that how you learn.

He was also a drippy soggy nasty mess when we picked him up afterward. He climbed in the car and the entire aroma changed. He said that was nothing; the line down where they all sat and all the 7th graders kept their sweaty gear evidently smelled mostly like cow manure.

Ah, the sweet fragrance of manly stench.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Rob says his coach would say, "Rob, you just need to get angry!" and he'd say, in a very calm tone, "Okay, coach. I'll try that."

    And this is the crux of why I despise football: angry is a good emotion. Thank you for spelling that out for me--good ammo for my crusade!

    ReplyDelete