Monday, March 4, 2013

Snapshots


  • While running errands in Provo, Ashlyn and I stopped by my office to grab a few things I needed. As I set the alarm and hurried her out of the building she asked "Why do we have to go so fast?" I replied "We have to get through the second door in 30 seconds before the alarm turns on. If we don't, the alarm will go off." Ashlyn; "And then what would happen? Would your boss have to come down and fix it?" Me:"Yeah. And I'd be in BIG trouble." Ashlyn: "Oh." She pauses thoughtfully. "So what would he do? Give you extra chores?" :)
  • Me: "Ashlyn, why did you change your pants?"
    Ashlyn: "Because my skinny jeans were making my butt hurt."
    Mmmm...Kay.
  • Last night in the car Maryn was whining, and complaining, about something...again...perpetually. It wasn't long until I heard myself speaking these words out loud to her; "Dear Maryn. Please stop it. Love, Mom." Maryn promptly replies "Dear Mom. There's nothing you can do about it. I'm twelve and hormonal. Love, Maryn."
  • I was dishing Ashlyn out some soup into a dish he had retrieved herself. As I scooped she informed me she had grabbed the bowl from the cabinet beneath where she had been sitting on the counter...using her toes. I both impressed at her dexterity and grossed out at the same time.
  • Paul points this out at the restaurant we stopped at. "Look. That's what I'm going to do when I grow up." Maryn: " I think I'm going to throw up." Paul: "Ah come on. You know you think their good looking." Maryn: "No! They're hair is long and their chests are hairy. Gross." Paul: "Sure. But at least their not picky." My kids crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment