Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday...


ERICA...our babysitter for the last 3 years. She turned 18 yesterday (May 4th), which means she will be graduating and leaving us in 2 weeks.  As much as I don’t want that to happen, I know it’s what she has to do.  She has been a real blessing to our family. Melanie always jokes that everyone should have an Erica. The best part is that she started out as a stranger, and has become a dear friend. My kids adore her. Here is our top ten great things about Erica (me and the kids put this together); why we’re glad she’s here, and why we’ll miss her when she goes.

She likes the same movies as I do. We can watch Pride and Prejudice forever, and ever, and ever, and ever… or possibly Twilight (Chiara)* Note: It is entirely my fault she is addicted to these anyway!

My kitchen is always clean when I finish with lessons. Do you know how great that feels? (Chiara)

She braids my hair. And mom doesn’t know how. (Maryn)

She brings us presents for our birthdays and Christmas (Paul)

She hugs me (Conner)              

She’s my friend (Conner)

She sits with me on the couch and watches TV (Maryn)

She gives me baths and washes my hair (Ashlyn)

Sometimes she makes us food (Paul)

She can read books to me (Ashlyn)


Happy Birthday Erica! Thanks for being a part of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment