Monday, May 4, 2009

I Falafel


So, I have been trying to change my relationship with food in general. I have had some successful days, and some not so successful ones.  But overall the results have been good. But as part of my quest, I have stumbled across some fun and tasty recipes.

One was herbal iced tea sweetened with apple juice. It has been a great alternative to my daily Dr. Pepper dose, and without any caffeine or added sugar so it’s significantly better for you.

The second was falafel. I stumbled across it kind of by accident after my kids devoured all of the dinner I made and I had nothing. I found a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and vaguely remembered seeing something about falafel on the food network. So I looked up a recipe. It was simple; chickpeas, onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and flour. You roll them into balls and fry them for a little bit. See picture to left. They were warm and crispy and soft all at once. Surprisingly tasty. Even my mom and dad liked them! I, however, took mine and put them on a bed of mixed greens tossed in Asian Sesame dressing and littered with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Now that was very, very good. Super yummy falafel  salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment