Friday, May 29, 2009

If you give a pig a pancake

Has anyone ever read the children’s book “If You Give a Pig a Pancake?”

My dad has suggested I take it one more step; that I should get a pig and give it to not only pancakes but also any other kitchen scraps. He thought it might be an economic alternative to a disposal since I don’t have one. The best part, unlike a traditional disposal, is that you can actually eat this one once a year.

Out of curiosity, I asked a friend of mine who raises hogs how much they cost. She kind of laughed and said, “I have no idea how much one pig costs. We buy ours in bulk!” She did however speculate that they could be purchased for about $20.

Not too worry, we are not getting a pig. Evidently they cannot exist on table scraps alone, but also require corn. And of course the ever present responsibility of cleaning up after it. No, no. A pig is not for us.

It’s not exactly the same as getting a cat..which we already have …and which already requires enough cleaning up after and taking care of.

And besides, we really like pancakes and there are rarely leftovers J.

No comments:

Post a Comment