Monday, May 18, 2009

If you're happy and you know it...


At the end of last summer, I really wanted Ashlyn in a different preschool. I had registered her for Headstart and it just didn’t feel right, even though it was free. Melanie suggested I try the preschool she sent Maddie and Alexa to.  It felt like the right thing to do, and believe me, it was. She had such a wonderful experience there and it worked so much better for us. The only problem was, It cost more than I could afford. So I approached the director and asked if she would be willing to trade. Since she didn’t have anyone interested in piano, I thought of offering to come in and do music time 2 times a month for each class in exchange for half of the tuition. She accepted. So that is what I have been doing all year, and I have really enjoyed it. I taught them all the fun songs my mom taught me (well, almost all of them…I left out the one about the greasy grimy gopher guts…gross mom!) and some old primary (church) songs. And they loved it. Some of their favorites, and most requested songs, are Little Bunny Foo-Foo (I’ve had a few mom’s give me a sarcastic “Thanks!” for that one), Lion Hunt (which we also made a reindeer hunt, a monster hunt and a bunny hunt), Peanut Butter and Jelly and Shake!. I had such a good time I volunteered to come back next year and do it again…even though I don’t have anyone in preschool any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment